Thursday 21 May 2009

Film and Photography Competition!!

I love good quality film and photography and really want to see it coming from this weekends Mixed Nationals in Mansfield and from UK Ultimate in general. To that end I am offering a prize to the winner of the first ever 'Ultimate Frisbee and I, FPC' (Film and Photography Competition).

What is the prize?! Your very own, brand new copy of, Ultimate: The Greatest Sport Ever Invented by Man! Pretty exciting I know.

How can you win it?! Well as you know, MT3 (Mixed Nationals) is this weekend in Mansfield. In previous posts I've spoken about the importance of this tournement in gaining a spot at the World Ultimate Club Championships in Prague 2010. This means there are going to be some great games this weekend with plenty of great photo opportunities! The competition is open to anyone taking photos this weekend, using any equipment, be you professional or amateur, player or spectator. You can also enter more than one time, but a maximum of two will get put through to the open voting round. Give a caption or title with your photo entry. All that I ask is that it is taken at this weekends MT3 and is a good Ultimate photo! The photography can come in any format that I can receive by email.

Send all entries to: greenie141@hotmail.com

I'll select the best ones from those I receive and put them up here over the next week after Mixed Nationals. Entries will be accepted until 10pm Sunday 31st May 2009. After this, voting will open for one week, closing 10pm Sunday 7th June 2009 when a winner will be decided a week after that. Exciting stuff hey!?

Having enjoyed watching Ultimate in HD on Vimeo (see previous posts) there will be another prize for the best film produced. The only stipulations are that it has to be based on UK Ultimate and be produced using new footage i.e. filmed and edited after today. There are plenty of great Ultimate DVDs out there but this just needs to be approxiametly 2-4 minutes. Upload it to youtube or vimeo or somewhere else I can post links to. This will run for a bit longer with a bigger prize for the winner (TBA). If you are interested in this FPC and want any more details have questions or comments please don't hesitate to leave them here on the blog or to email me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing your entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment